[RADIATOR] Unable to disable NAS check

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Wed Sep 12 16:41:23 UTC 2018

On 11/09/2018 22:21, Rohan wrote:

> I cannot disable NAS check.
>
> NAS check (NASType is set to unknown by default) should be disabled by
> default but radiator is still checking user status even when NASType is
> set to ignore. How do we disable NAS check?

Hello Rohan,

CountQuery in your config is returning incorrect values. The first
column it must return must be NAS IP address (or DNS name, IP
preferred). Now it's returning the username which can't be mapped to any
known RADIUS Client.

Once it finds the correct client, the default NAS type should cause the
extra check to be skipped.

I would also recommend using CountQueryParam with CountQuery, or
changing CountQuery to use %0 to make sure any special characters get
quoted correctly.

You could also consider similar changes to other SQL queries you have.
We recommend using query params when possible.

For more information about CountQuery, please see Radiator reference
manual. It describes in detail what this and any other queries should
return and gives hints about configuring them.

> We are using version 4.14

Corrected CountQuery should work fine with 4.14, altough I recommend
updating to get all enhancements, security and other bug fixes.

Thanks,
Heikki

anywhere. SQL, proxy, DBM, files, LDAP, TACACS+, PAM, Active Directory,
EAP, TLS, TTLS, PEAP, WiMAX, RSA, Vasco, Yubikey, HOTP, TOTP,
DIAMETER etc. Full source on Unix, Windows, MacOSX, Solaris, VMS, etc.