[RADIATOR] MessageLog for Server RADSEC and AuthBy RADSEC seems to logg incoming only

Karl Gaissmaier karl.gaissmaier at uni-ulm.de
Fri Sep 1 16:33:14 UTC 2017

Hi Heikki,

> Am 31.08.2017 um 19:53 schrieb Heikki Vatiainen:
>> Yes, that certainly helps. There's now an update in Radiator 4.19
>> patches that adds support for logging outgoing RadSec messages with
>> MessageLog.
>
> great! I'll test it tomorrow.

tested, yep, now it logs (in AND out) RADSEC connections, and with my
LogSkipHook.patch I can limit the MessageLog just to RADSEC connections:

> <MessageLog FILE>
>     Identifier MESSAGELOG_TXT2PCAP
>     Format text2pcap
>     Filename %L/messagelog-%0-%1
>
>     # log just RADSEC connections, on port 2083
>     LogSkipHook     sub { \
>                           my ($p, $from_ip, $from_port, $to_ip,
> $to_port) = @_;         \
>                           $from_port == 2083 || $to_port == 2083 ?
> return 0 : return 1; \
>                         }
>
> </MessageLog>

Works well with my wrapper for text2pcap and mergecap, now I can debug
it with wireshark like a pro.

Will you ship the wrapper script in the goodies directory in one of the
next next patches or needs it refactoring from OSC?

  Thanks!

    Charly

--
Karl Gaissmaier