[RADIATOR] LogSkipHook for MessageLog

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Fri Sep 29 11:31:53 UTC 2017

On 4.9.2017 15.05, Heikki Vatiainen wrote:
> On 1.9.2017 16.48, Karl Gaissmaier wrote:

>> See the attached patch, this would be very helpful for debugging
>> sporadically occurring errors.
>>
>> I would be glad if you could accept this feature request or patch.
>
> We'll take a look at how to fit this in. It's probably better to have in
> the parent class and be more aware of direction (in/out) and protocol so
> that we can support TACACS+ too. However, I'd say it would be close to
> what you had in the patch.

Changes based on your ideas with some additional enhancements for
MessageLog functionality are now in 4.19 patches. Radius and RadSec are
now different "protocols" in the sense that message log for Radius no
longer logs RadSec messages too. If you want to just log radsec, you can
configure GlobalMessageLog for 'radsec' protocol and it won't log Radius
messages that use UDP transport.

The hook is name LogSelectHook with the idea that the hook must return
true if the message should be logged. See the update configuration
sample in goodies/logformat.cfg

Thanks,
Heikki

anywhere. SQL, proxy, DBM, files, LDAP, TACACS+, PAM, Active Directory,
EAP, TLS, TTLS, PEAP, WiMAX, RSA, Vasco, Yubikey, HOTP, TOTP,
DIAMETER etc. Full source on Unix, Windows, MacOSX, Solaris, VMS, etc.