[RADIATOR] Multithreading Radiator in Windows Server 2008/2012

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Fri Oct 16 19:09:25 CDT 2015

Hello Nadav -

Each instance of Radiator would be configured as a separate Windows service, with the “frontend” listening on the standard RADIUS ports (1645/1646 and/or 1812/1813).

The “backend” Radiator instances would listen on whatever ports you want (ie. 11812/11813, and 12812/12813, and 13812/13813, whatever…).

The “frontend” instance would then use AuthBy PROXY clauses to proxy to the corresponding “backend’s”.

BTW - it is generally a good idea to have separate authentication and accounting instances as well (ie. one Windows service for authentication on 1645 and/or 1812, and another Windows service for accounting on 1646 and/or 1813).

--

Hugh Irvine
hugh at open.com.au

DIAMETER, SIM, etc.
Full source on Unix, Linux, Windows, MacOSX, Solaris, VMS, NetWare etc.