[RADIATOR] Multithreading Radiator in Windows Server 2008/2012

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Sat Oct 17 17:10:43 CDT 2015

Hello Alan -

Yes absolutely - you typically want authentication to operate as quickly as possible, and its usually a fairly lightweight lookup operation.

Accounting on the other hand is less time-critical and usually involves more processing to store the records.

Therefore it makes sense to have these operations running in separate processes.

Ie.

….

# Authentication Instance Configuration
# Listen for authentication requests only

AuthPort	1645, 1812

AcctPort

…..

….

# Accounting Instance Configuration
# Listen for accounting requests only

AuthPort

AcctPort	1646, 1813

…..

--

Hugh Irvine
hugh at open.com.au

DIAMETER, SIM, etc.
Full source on Unix, Linux, Windows, MacOSX, Solaris, VMS, NetWare etc.