[RADIATOR] Using the Monitor interface to Radiator

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Wed Aug 26 14:44:24 CDT 2015

On 08/24/2015 02:24 AM, Steve Shipway wrote:

> n  The ‘Average response time’ metric does not appear to be what it says
> – it is continually increasing, and is possibly total time spent
> handling responses?  I cannot find any detailed documentation covering this.

This is a moving average over the last 100 response times.See the end of
Radius/Radius.pm for 'sub statsAverage'. Sample is the response time and
names array is currently just 'responseTime'.

When you watch the variable, it should grow first but should then get
stable. One thing you could do on a laptop, for example, is to configure
a short logging interval, blast Radiator with radpwtst -iterations
option set to a large value, and then force the CPU frequency up or
down. You'll see how the response time value changes respective to the
current CPU speed.

> n  All the statistics reset to zero when I do a reload or restart of
> Radiator.  This would not normally be an issue, but we hold Node
> configuration in an externally managed database table, and this is
> apparently only read on restart or reload, so we need to regularly
> reload the config to obtain any updates to this table.  Each time the
> statistics reset, I lose a polling cycle as it has to re-establish the
> interval increment.

> Is there any way to make the Radiator software re-read the nodes table
> without resetting the statistics?  All the other database tables
> (Yubikeys, TOTP keys etc) seem to be read on demand, but not the nodes
> table.

What is Node or nodes table? Is it something you have created locally?

Thanks,
Heikki

NetWare etc.