[RADIATOR] Proxy server variable

Michael Hulko mihulko at uwo.ca
Fri Mar 21 15:34:20 CDT 2014

We have a custom PostAuthHook script which writes out some log details that is appended to syslog, so that is the first place I would like to try.  We proxy to a dept on campus and the information they feel may be relevant to them is the initial server (host) the proxied radius request is sent to per client.  Your example below references the "Final" host.

I am not sure that my explanation makes sense, I appreciate your suggestion...

Thanks

On 2014-03-21, at 4:07 PM, Heikki Vatiainen wrote:

> On 03/20/2014 05:23 PM, Michael Hulko wrote:
>> I would like to log the server that a client is proxied to for
>> authentication.
>
> Hello Michael,
>
> which log are you thinking of? Authentication log or something else?
> Please see below for some ideas but in short, it depends on at which
> point during the processing you want to log information.
>
>> I have searched the through the Radius packets for some form of
>> Attribute without any luck.  I have also read through the Radius
>> reference and cannot find anything useful there either.  There must be a
>> variable for when a external server times out as seen in the output of
>> the log:
>>
>> No reply after 20 seconds and 3 retransmissions to 129.100.160.144:1645
>> for casecomp.guest at ivey.ca casecomp.guest at ivey.ca (69)
>
> The above tells 129.100.160.144 did not respond after retransmissions.
> If there are other Hosts, these will be tried next. Finally, when it
> fails to get a response from any Host, NoReplyHook will run and you
> should be able to get the details of the final Host from the second
> argument with $fp->{ThisHost} where $fp is the second Hook argument
> (${$_[1]}.
>
>> any assistance would be appreciated.
>
> In other words, the object for the forwarded request has pointer to
> Host. You could then check $host->{Address} to get the address.
>
> Thanks,
> Heikki
>
> --
> Heikki Vatiainen <hvn at open.com.au>

> Platypus, Freeside, TACACS+, PAM, external, Active Directory, EAP, TLS,
> TTLS, PEAP, TNC, WiMAX, RSA, Vasco, Yubikey, MOTP, HOTP, TOTP,
> DIAMETER etc. Full source on Unix, Windows, MacOSX, Solaris, VMS,
> NetWare etc.

Michael Hulko
Network Analyst

Western University Canada