[RADIATOR] Proxy server variable

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Fri Mar 21 15:07:56 CDT 2014

On 03/20/2014 05:23 PM, Michael Hulko wrote:
> I would like to log the server that a client is proxied to for
> authentication.

Hello Michael,

which log are you thinking of? Authentication log or something else?
Please see below for some ideas but in short, it depends on at which
point during the processing you want to log information.

> I have searched the through the Radius packets for some form of
> Attribute without any luck.  I have also read through the Radius
> reference and cannot find anything useful there either.  There must be a
> variable for when a external server times out as seen in the output of
> the log:
>
> No reply after 20 seconds and 3 retransmissions to 129.100.160.144:1645
> for casecomp.guest at ivey.ca casecomp.guest at ivey.ca (69)

The above tells 129.100.160.144 did not respond after retransmissions.
If there are other Hosts, these will be tried next. Finally, when it
fails to get a response from any Host, NoReplyHook will run and you
should be able to get the details of the final Host from the second
argument with $fp->{ThisHost} where $fp is the second Hook argument

> any assistance would be appreciated.

In other words, the object for the forwarded request has pointer to
Host. You could then check $host->{Address} to get the address.

Thanks,
Heikki

NetWare etc.