[RADIATOR] Accounting records are not written to database

Michael ringo at vianet.ca
Thu Nov 1 16:45:18 CDT 2012

Looks like your "AuthBy xDSL" is accepting, therefore since the default
AuthByPolicy is ContinueWhileIgnore, it will stop at the xDSL authby and
the "AuthBy SQLAccounting" is not processed.

I personally handle accounting in a separate handler.  To me, handling
accounting and authorization in the same handler is tricky.
<Handler Request-Type = "Accounting-Request", Acct-Status-Type = Start|Stop>

Michael

On 01/11/12 05:07 PM, rohan.henry at cwjamaica.com wrote:
> Hugh,
>
> Config and logs attached.
>

> And the application crashed when testing Simultaneous-Use for both configurations below.
>
> In my AuthBy config:
> "DefaultSimultaneousUse 1" With "AuthAttrDef     Simultaneous-Use,Simultaneous-Use,check"
>
> Or
>
> In my Handler:
> MaxSessions 1
>

> On Fri, 2 Nov 2012 07:19:09 +1100
>   Hugh Irvine<hugh at open.com.au>  wrote:
>> Hello Rohan -
>>
>> We will need to see the configuration file (no secrets) together with a trace 4 debug showing what is happening.
>>
>> regards
>>
>> Hugh
>>

>> On 2 Nov 2012, at 05:53,<rohan.henry at cwjamaica.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Why doesn't the following work?
>>>

>>> Identifier SQLAccounting
>>> DBSource dbi:mysql:inetdb_test
>>> DBUsername inet
>>> DBAuth inet at inetdb
>>> #Disable SQL authentication
>>> AuthSelect
>>> HandleAcctStatusTypes Start,Stop
>>> AccountingTable ARCH_ACCOUNTING
>>> AcctColumnDef USER_NAME,User-Name
>>> AcctColumnDef ACCT_START_TIME,Timestamp,integer
>>> AcctColumnDef ACCT_STOP_TIME,Timestamp,integer
>>> AcctColumnDef ACCT_STATUS_TYPE,Acct-Status-Type,integer
>>> AcctColumnDef ACCT_DELAY_TIME,Acct-Delay-Time,integer
>>> AcctColumnDef ACCT_INPUT_OCTETS,Acct-Input-Octets,integer
>>> AcctColumnDef ACCT_OUTPUT_OCTETS,Acct-Output-Octets,integer
>>> AcctColumnDef ACCT_SESSION_ID,Acct-Session-Id
>>> AcctColumnDef ACCT_SESSION_TIME,Acct-Session-Time,integer
>>> AcctColumnDef ACCT_TERMINATE_CAUSE,Acct-Terminate-Cause,integer
>>> AcctColumnDef FRAMED_IP_ADDRESS,Framed-IP-Address
>>> AcctColumnDef NAS_IDENTIFIER,NAS-Identifier
>>> AcctColumnDef NAS_PORT,NAS-Port,integer
>>> AcctColumnDef CALLED_STATION_ID,Called-Station-Id
>>> AcctColumnDef CALLING_STATION_ID,Calling-Station-Id
>>> SQLRecoveryFile %L/sqlaccounting.sql
>>>

>>> Specifying the following in my Handler does not work. I don't even see any trace in my logs set at level 4 or 5.
>>> AuthBy SQLAccounting
>>>
>>> However my sessions database work with the following.
>>> SessionDatabase SQLSDB
>>>
>>> Thanks much.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Rohan