[RADIATOR] Accounting records are not written to database

rohan.henry at cwjamaica.com rohan.henry at cwjamaica.com
Thu Nov 1 17:38:08 CDT 2012

Thanks Michael,

I was able to go further with the advice using the AuthByPolicy and AuthBy GROUP under the existing Handler. Only that two records are added to my accounting database for a single session - one at Start and one at Stop.

<Handler NAS-Identifier="Juniper_E320_2">
        AddToRequest SERVICESTATUS = ACTIVE
        SessionDatabase SQLSDB
#       MaxSessions 1
        RejectHasReason

AuthByPolicy ContinueAlways
    AuthBy SQLAccounting
        <AuthBy GROUP>
                        AuthByPolicy ContinueWhileIgnore
                                AuthBy xDSL
                </AuthBy>

Regards,

Rohan

On Thu, 01 Nov 2012 17:45:18 -0400

 Michael  wrote:

>Looks like your "AuthBy xDSL" is accepting, therefore since the default AuthByPolicy is ContinueWhileIgnore, it will stop at the xDSL authby and the "AuthBy SQLAccounting" is not processed.

>I personally handle accounting in a separate handler.  To me, handling accounting and authorization in the same handler is tricky.

>Michael

>On 01/11/12 05:07 PM, rohan.henry at cwjamaica.com wrote:

>> Hugh,

>> Config and logs attached.

>> And the application crashed when testing Simultaneous-Use for both configurations below.

>> In my AuthBy config:

>> "DefaultSimultaneousUse 1" With "AuthAttrDef     Simultaneous-Use,Simultaneous-Use,check"

>> Or

>> In my Handler:

>> MaxSessions 1

>> On Fri, 2 Nov 2012 07:19:09 +1100

>>   Hugh Irvine  wrote:

>>> Hello Rohan -

>>> We will need to see the configuration file (no secrets) together with a trace 4 debug showing what is happening.

>>> regards

>>> Hugh

>>> --

>>> Hugh Irvine

>>> hugh at open.com.au

>>> Radiator: the most portable, flexible and configurable RADIUS server

>>> anywhere. SQL, proxy, DBM, files, LDAP, NIS+, password, NT, Emerald,