[RADIATOR] Tacacs Authentication to survive reloads ?

Patrik Forsberg patrik.forsberg at ip-only.se
Mon Apr 16 06:28:35 CDT 2012

> > Did another downgrade to 4.6 this time and here the issue seem to be
> gone..
> > I can reload/restart and the commands gets authorized as they should..
>
> With version 4.7 + patches you tried, the patches may have included
> AuthorizeGroupAttr so that's why it did not work. It was between 4.7 and
> 4.8 when this became available.

I see.. I'll try 4.7 without patches..

> > Another issue that seem to be gone with 4.6 is that the first request to a
> Radiator 4.9 tacacs server fail, second and onwards works as they should.
>
> There are a number of changes between 4.6 and 4.8/4.9 and one of them
> may have fixed the problem you are seeing.

Actually the issue arise in 4.9 at least, this specific issue is so small that I didn't try it on 4.8 and 4.7..

> Is there anything else you do not like in current apart from
> authorization info (context) not being saved across reloads?

No the only real issue I see is that authentications doesn't survive a reload.. secondary is the first request failing other than that I think it all works as I expect it :)

//Patrik