[RADIATOR] newbie questions and 64 bit windows install

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Tue Oct 25 03:43:59 CDT 2011

On 10/24/2011 11:02 PM, Randy Rue wrote:

Hello Randy,

> "ppm install http://www.open.com.au/radiator/free-downloads/Win32-Lsa.ppd"
>
> I get an error, "ppm install failed: The PPD does not provide code to
> install for this platform."
>
> If I look in the ppd file, sure enough, I see case statements for versions
> up to 5.12 only.
>
> Am I better off installing a 32bit and/or earlier version of ActivePerl?
> Does a 64 bit install buy me any benefits that are worth any extra work of
> making it fly?

You should install ActivePerl 5.12. PPD files for 5.14 are not yet
available.

You can stay with 64 bit perl if you do not need to support AuthBy ACE
or DIGIPASS. The ppm files for ACE and DIGIPASS contain binary
components for which 64bit versions are not available.

Other than that the choice between 32bit or 64bit perl for running
Radiator does not matter much.

I think the benefit of Radiator running with both is the flexibility of
not being limited to either version in case there is some other
applications that requires a 32bit or 64bit version.

Thanks!

NetWare etc.