[RADIATOR] question about machine based authentication

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at open.com.au
Sat Nov 19 08:19:38 CST 2011

On 11/19/2011 12:18 AM, Joy Veronneau wrote:

> I think I need some more help with my config. It is working ok for my
> machine cert based authentication, but only if I put the name of the
> machine in a file on the radius server. Here is my config snippet:

You could experiment using <AuthBy LDAP2>. Instead of using file as user
database, the config would lookup user (machine name) and group
information from LDAP.

See goodies/ad-ldap.cfg and goodies/ldap.cfg for hints. For example
using global catalog port and NoCheckPassword. NoCheckPassword should be
used since you are not interested in password, but attributes the
machine account has in AD.

Please let us know how it goes.
Heikki