[RADIATOR] dynamic vlan assignment based on machine name

Pearson, Mark mark.pearson at ntu.ac.uk
Fri Nov 11 05:39:33 CST 2011

I'm guessing this has been done several times so rather than invent the wheel thought I would ask here.

What I would like to do in its simplest form is this:

On our wireless network we want to create an AD group of "known devices" using machine name. When a user authenticates to the wireless, firstly needs to check if they are a valid user in AD, if so, then check  if the machine name is the in "known devices", if so,  then they are assigned vlan A. If they are a valid user but not in the group they are assigned vlan B.

We are using cisco WLC and Radiator 4.7. Currently we use cisco ACS for the user authentication and only use Radiator for eduroam with AuthBy LSA. Our AD is 2008. Moving forward I want to use Radiator for both user and device authentication and also TACACS (that can wait for another day though).

Any advice on how to do this, where to start and any sample Radiator configs would be appreciated.

regards
Mark Pearson
Infrastructure Development Team Leader

Information Systems
Nottingham Trent University
Shakespeare St
Nottingham
NG1 4FQ

0115 848 8287 (work)
07900 138476 (mob)

DISCLAIMER: This email is intended solely for the addressee. It may contain private and confidential information. If you are not the intended addressee, please take no action based on it nor show a copy to anyone. In this case, please reply to this email to highlight the error. Opinions and information in this email that do not relate to the official business of Nottingham Trent University shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by the University. Nottingham Trent University has taken steps to ensure that this email and any attachments are virus-free, but we do advise that the recipient should check that the email and its attachments are actually virus free. This is in keeping with good computing practice.