[RADIATOR] question about machine based authentication

Joy Veronneau jv11 at cornell.edu
Fri Nov 18 16:18:18 CST 2011

Hi,
I think I need some more help with my config. It is working ok for my machine cert based authentication, but only if I put the name of the machine in a file on the radius server. Here is my config snippet:

<AuthBy FILE>
Identifier TLS
Filename %D/tls_anon
EAPType TLS
EAPTLS_CAFile /app/radius/keys/ADRootCA.pem
EAPTLS_CertificateFile /app/radius/keys/agate1.pem
EAPTLS_CertificateType PEM
EAPTLS_PrivateKeyFile /app/radius/keys/agate1.key
EAPTLS_CertificateChainFile /app/radius/keys/agate1.intermediate.pem
EAPTLS_MaxFragmentSize 1000
AutoMPPEKeys
</AuthBy>
<Handler Aruba-Essid-Name="eduroam-test", User-Name = /^host/i>
AuthByPolicy ContinueAlways
RewriteUsername s/^host\///
AuthBy TLS
</Handler>

and %D/tls_anon contains:
CIT-JV11GTEST2.cit.cornell.edu

I would like to avoid having to maintain all the machine names on the radius server. I would prefer to do some sort of NTLM auth that would read the machine cert and then check to see if the machine is in a certain group.

I tried using <AuthBy NTLM> but that really broke everything... I do have NTLM working for username/pw based authn but I need to do that AND machine based…

I'd appreciate a hint. Thanks-

Joy