[RADIATOR] command authorization on cisco ios

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Wed Feb 16 23:41:26 CST 2011

Hello James -

As is described in "goodies/tacplus.txt" and the manual, you tie things together with the "GroupMemberAttr …" parameter.

See section 5.86.9 in the manual.

With what you show below, you would specify this:

	GroupMemberAttr networkGroup

In other words, put the value of the "tacacsGroup" LDAP attribute into a RADIUS reply attribute called "networkGroup" and use that for the AuthorizeGroup.

Your configuration would have the value "showOnly" in the LDAP attribute "tacacsGroup", and it would be returned in a RADIUS attribute called "networkGroup".

The example in "goodies/tacplus.cfg" uses a flat file rather than LDAP, but the principle is the same.