[RADIATOR] command authorization on cisco ios

James jtp at nc.rr.com
Wed Feb 16 22:54:27 CST 2011

Thanks for the response, folks.

I've done some reading in both the sample configuration file located
in the goodies folder, and a few threads online that point to some
ideas on how to deal with this.

Ideally I would like to have a "group" value inside of the LDAP
database that will directly associate with a AuthorizeGroup definition
inside of the tacacs.cfg file.

For example: user "testuser" has an LDAP attribute that has the value
"showOnly". Inside of the tacacs.cfg file, I would have something like
this:

AuthorizeGroup showOnly permit service=shell cmd=show cmd-arg=.*
AuthorizeGroup showOnly deny .*

My confusion is specifically *how* to associate the LDAP attribute to
the AuthorizeGroup group.

The documentation points to AuthAttrDef; maybe something like this?

<AuthBy LDAP2>
AuthAttrDef tacacsGroup,networkGroup,reply

But how to tie this attribute into anything of value isn't jiving right now.

Any thoughts / ideas would be appreciated! :)

-james