[RADIATOR] Log SQL

Mike McCauley mikem at open.com.au
Wed Jun 23 18:33:26 CDT 2010

Hello Adrian,

On Thursday 24 June 2010 01:17:00 am Adrian Mustelier Camino wrote:
>       Hi:
>
> I trying to configure the logSQL feature in Radiator. I put the code
> below inside the realm as indicated on the manual. The problem is that I
> not receiving any data in My SQL server. I test the SQL database with
> other application and work well.
>
> <Log SQL>
>        DBSource          dbi:mSQL:Radiatorlogsql
>        DBUSername    radiatorlog
>        DBAuth             radiatorlog
>        Table                  RADLOG
>        LogQuery          insert into %3 (TIME_STAMP, PRIORITY, MESSAGE)
>                                   values (%t, %0, %2)
> </Log>
>

> The Radiatorlogsql database is in the SQL server and the Server is using
> SQL authentication.
>
> My first question is:
> Is correct the code over this lines?

Yes, provided you are really wanting to use mini-SQL as your SQL server.
You dont say what the type of your SQL server is.
Few people use min-SQL these days. Information from other parts of your
organisation makes me think you really want to use Microsoft SQL, in which
case you would want to use something like:

<Log SQL>
        DBSource          dbi:ODBC:Radiatorlogsql
        DBUSername    radiatorlog
        DBAuth             radiatorlog
        Table                  RADLOG
        LogQuery          insert into %3 (TIME_STAMP, PRIORITY, MESSAGE)
                                   values (%t, %0, %2)
 </Log>

> I need an extra module to proper interface Radiator with SQL server than
> the default installed with perl?

To use ODBC, you may have to install the DBD-ODBC perl module, and configure
the ODBC setting on your host machine.

> I can debug the SQLlog process?.

You might expect to see some messages in the Radiator log file at trace level
4 if there are problems.

Cheers.

Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au
Open System Consultants Pty. Ltd

DIAMETER etc. Full source on Unix, Windows, MacOSX, Solaris, VMS, NetWare etc.