[RADIATOR] Accounting by SQL and Authentication by ADSI

Heikki Vatiainen hvn at archred.com
Thu Jul 8 06:38:06 CDT 2010

On 07/08/2010 02:18 PM, adrian wrote:

> I want to authenticate my users using ADSI and Record all the acounting
> Data in an SQL server.  The authentication work well but i can not
> record the accounting data. Below are  a portion of my radius.cfg.
>

> <AuthBy ADSI>
> BindStringLDAP://cn=%0,cn=Users,dc=mizona,dc=iasprueba,dc=com
>
> </AuthBy>
>
> <Handler Request-Type = Accounting-Request>

You may want to check the ordering of your handlers. The order should be
something like this:

<Handler Request-Type = Accounting-Request>
</Handler>

<Handler>
</Handler>

Since Radiator matches handlers with requests by the order they appear
in the configuration file, you must have more specifics first. In this
example you should have Handler for accounting requests first and below
that the handler that takes care of authentication.

If this was not the problem, try sending more complete radius.cfg to the
list for further problem spotting.

> <AuthBy SQL>
>      # Adjust DBSource, DBUsername, DBAuth to suit your DB
>      DBSource    dbi:ODBC:Datalnet
>      DBUsername    radiatorlog
>      DBAuth      radiatorlog
>
>        AccountingTable ACCOUNTING
>        AcctColumnDef   USERNAME,User-Name
>        AcctColumnDef   TIME_STAMP,Timestamp,integer
>        AcctColumnDef   ACCTSTATUSTYPE,Acct-Status-Type,integer
>        AcctColumnDef   ACCTDELAYTIME,Acct-Delay-Time,integer
>        AcctColumnDef   ACCTINPUTOCTETS,Acct-Input-Octets,integer
>        AcctColumnDef   ACCTOUTPUTOCTETS,Acct-Output-Octets,integer
>        AcctColumnDef   ACCTSESSIONID,Acct-Session-Id
>        AcctColumnDef   ACCTSESSIONTIME,Acct-Session-Time,integer
>        AcctColumnDef   ACCTTERMINATECAUSE,Acct-Terminate-Cause,integer
>        AcctColumnDef   ACCTTERMINATECAUSE,Ascend-Disconnect-  Cause,integer
>        AcctColumnDef   FRAMEDIPADDRESS,Framed-Address
>        AcctColumnDef   NASIDENTIFIER,NAS-Identifier
>        AcctColumnDef   NASPORT,NAS-Port,integer
>
> </AuthBy>
> </Handler>
>
> thanks
> Adrian