[RADIATOR] CISCO supplicant, unable to connect using PEAP

Pascal Beauregard Pascal.Beauregard at USherbrooke.ca
Fri Feb 12 08:09:36 CST 2010

I Gerard,

We had the same issue in the past with Cisco 7921. We have solve this issue
with the following option in the Handler that handles the outer
authentication request.

EAPTLS_PEAPBrokenV1Label

Pascal

-----Message d'origine-----
De : radiator-bounces at open.com.au [mailto:radiator-bounces at open.com.au] De
la part de Gerard Alcorlo Bofill
Envoyé : 12 février 2010 06:58
À : radiator at open.com.au
Objet : [RADIATOR] CISCO supplicant, unable to connect using PEAP

Hello,

I'm trying to authenticate a wireless phone Cisco 7925G with Radiator using
PEAP but I don't have any success until now. I'm a bit confused because
using the 7925G phone, Radiator answers me an Access-Accept but in the logs
from AP I can see:
%DOT11-7-AUTH_FAILED: Station 0023.3341.8656 Authentication failed

I can access the network using Windows XP (PEAP/MSCHAPv2) and also using
wpa_supplicant from Ubuntu, but not the default Network Manager.

I've been reading,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protected_Extensible_Authentication_Protocol
and I've understood that CISCO is using PEAPv1 instead of PEAPv0 from
Microsoft. For this reason I decided to use the specific client from Cisco,
"Cisco Secure Services Client" and tried with my laptop if I was able to
connect. I couldn't do it. I had the same problem, Radiator accepted me but
the laptop didn't like it and it retried to connecting forever.

I've also been reading Radiator Reference and I've understood that Radiator
by default is using PEAPv1, however when I configure wpa_supplicant from
Linux I have to force it to use PEAPv0. If I choose
PEAPv1 I can't connect. A bit confusing, isn't it?

I'v tried to change, EAPTLS_PEAPVersion in Radiator without any success.

I'm using Radiator 4.2

Any idea?

Thanks

--