[RADIATOR] Handlers with different identifiers

Christian Kratzer ck at cksoft.de
Fri Dec 3 06:23:34 CST 2010

Dear Ricardo,

On Fri, 3 Dec 2010, Ricardo Freitas wrote:

> Dear Sirs
>
> I would like to know if there is any significant importance between two
> different identifiers associated with a same number.
>
> Let me place here the code:
>

> <Handler Request-Type=Access-Request,
> User-Name=/(username-with-calledNumber)\@quiz$/>
> *        Identifier                      Identifier1 (example)*
> <AuthBy someperlfile.pm>
>
>                { configuration info }
>
> </AuthBy>
> </Handler>
>

> <Handler Request-Type=Accounting-Request,
> User-Name=/(username-with-calledNumber)\@quiz$/>
> *     Identifier                      Identifier2 (another example)*
>        AccountingHandled
>        AcctLogFileName      %L/%Y%m%d_log
> <AuthBy RADIUS>
>
>                { configuration info }
>
> </AuthBy>
> </Handler>
>

> As you can see, I have an handler regarding the Access Request and another
> one regarding Accounting-Request. Both have different identifiers. Does this,
> in any way, alter the correct work flow of the calls? I thought this was more
> like an info/label thing than a real configuration parameter.

no it won't alter your flow of requests in radiator as it is not something you are matching on.

Identifiers are a great way to label any parts of the radiator config not only handlers also clients and authbys. You will find the respective identifiers in all kinds of logs and stats.

Greetings
Christian

--
Christian Kratzer                      CK Software GmbH
Email:   ck at cksoft.de                  Wildberger Weg 24/2