[RADIATOR] Too many TCP connections with AuthBy DNSROAM and RadSec

Mike McCauley mikem at open.com.au
Sat Jul 25 02:28:59 CDT 2009

Hello Heikki,

On Saturday 25 July 2009 08:31:15 am Heikki Vatiainen wrote:
> While using AuthBy DNSROAM with RadSec, that is discovering RadSec
> routes with DNS roam, I noticed that every outgoing RadSec
> authentication request adds one TCP connection to the target RadSec
> server. The authentication works, so my only worry is the growing number
> of TCP connections.
>
> After using Perl's "use Carp" to produce a backtrace to find out why
> Stream::stream_connect is always called, I took a closer look at
> AuthDNSROAM::Route::handle_request which was one of the functions upstream.
>
> If the function was changed so that
> $self->{target}->activate() is only called when
> if (!defined $self->{target}) holds, the extra TCP connections are not
> created anymore.

Is that what you really meant to write? If $self->{target} is not defined then
the call to $self->{target}->activate() will never work.

> Does this sound correct?
I dont think so.

Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au
Open System Consultants Pty. Ltd

TTLS, PEAP, TNC, WiMAX, RSA, Vasco, Yubikey, DIAMETER etc. Full source
on Unix, Windows, MacOSX, Solaris, VMS, NetWare etc.