[RADIATOR] Multiple authentication methods

SPirrottina at qtc.com.au SPirrottina at qtc.com.au
Wed Jul 15 21:05:07 CDT 2009

Hi

We are evaluating RSA AM 7.1 with Radiator and have a query in relation to
Radiator and authenticating using different methods.

We will have a requirement to have some users authenticating using RSA
hardware tokens, and some users via OnDemand SMS authentication.  I
noticed in a document published on RSA's website that the way to do this
with Radiator is to have different authenticating groups and assign
different Realms for each category of user, and this is based on their
username.

Can this be done any other way as all our users have the same username
naming convention so this wouldn't work for us?  Is it  not possible to
have two authentication methods in one realm?

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Steve Pirrottina | Network Administrator
I.T Systems and Support | Queensland Treasury Corporation
p: 07 3842 4677 | f: 07 3842 4910
e: spirrottina at qtc.com.au | w: www.qtc.com.au

*************************
Queensland Treasury Corporation
Level 14, 61 Mary Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4000
(PO Box 1096, Brisbane Qld 4001)
T: +61 7 3842 4600
www.qtc.com.au

This email and any attachments (collectively, 'this message') is intended only for the addressee and may be confidential and privileged. None of its contents may be disclosed to, or relied upon by, any other party without our written consent. If you are not the addressee, you must not copy or use this message for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to anyone. Please delete it and notify QTC immediately by telephoning +61 7 3842 4600 or emailing the sender.

Any opinion or advice provided in this message is subject to any assumptions noted within it and the assumption that the current economic, political and/or commercial environment does not materially alter. QTC does not warrant or guarantee any outcome or forecast in this message. Any opinion or advice in this message is provided by QTC in good faith on the basis of information supplied to QTC, which may not have been independently verified by QTC. Accordingly, QTC does not represent that the opinion or advice is accurate or complete and it should not be relied upon as such. Unless stated otherwise, the views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, not those of QTC.

To the extent permitted by law, neither QTC nor any of its employees, contractors, servants or agents accept any responsibility and liability whatsoever for any expense, damage, claim, cause of action, loss or costs, incurred by any person in connection with that person or any other person placing any reliance on, or acting or refraining to act on the basis of, the contents of this message.

QTC does not warrant that any attachments to this email are free from viruses or other corruption, and recommends that you scan them for viruses before opening. QTC accepts no liability for any loss caused if this message contains a virus or is otherwise corrupted.

QTC respects your privacy, and our privacy plan is available on our website.

If you are a QTC public sector customer, please visit our website for information about registering to access our secure customer sub-site.