(RADIATOR) installing Win32::Daemon

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue Mar 11 16:17:19 CST 2008

Hello Bonno -

Can you please tell me what hardware/software platform you are using?

For testing I suggest starting with the source tarball and running
Radiator like this in a terminal window:

	cd C:\Radiator\Radiator-4.2

	perl radiusd -foreground -log_stdout -trace 4 -config_file
your_configuration_file.cfg

This example assumes you have unpacked in the Radiator source tarball
in C:\Radiator, and you would use your own file for

On 11 Mar 2008, at 23:45, Bonno Bloksma wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In the Radiator installation it is suggested I use Win32::Daemon to
> run the radiator daemon software as a service. Unfortunately it
> refuses to install as it seems I have the wrong platform. Whether
> that is the wrong Windows platfor of the wrong Perl platform I
> don't know.
>
> C:\Perl\bin>ppm-shell.bat
> ppm 4.01
> Copyright (C) 2007 ActiveState Software Inc.  All rights reserved.
> ppm> install http://www.roth.net/perl/packages/win32-daemon.ppd
> ppm install failed: The PPD does not provide code to install for
> this platform
> ppm> exit
>
> ActivePerl 5.10.0 build 1002
> Windows 2003 R2 standard server
>
> Met vriendelijke groet,
> Bonno Bloksma
> hoofd systeembeheer
>
> tio hogeschool hotelmanagement en toerisme
> begijnenhof 8-12 / 5611 el eindhoven
> t 040 296 28 28 / f 040 237 35 20
> b.bloksma at tio.nl  / www.tio.nl

NB: