(RADIATOR) Request Attributes using PacketTrace

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue Jun 17 18:26:02 CDT 2008

Hello Steve -

Yes this has changed in Radiator 4.2 with the packet decode now moved
to the Client module (see the latest patch version of "Radius/
Client.pm").

The latest patches will now show the packet dumps on stdout when
radiusd is run from the command line, and we are looking at improving
the PacketTrace logging in this situation.

I'll let you know if we come up with a solution.

On 18 Jun 2008, at 01:43, Steve Lalonde wrote:

> On 16 Jun 2008, at 00:41, Hugh Irvine wrote:
>

>> # define Log FILE so it is not a global logger
>>
>> <AuthBy GROUP>
>> 	<Log FILE>
>> 		Identifier MyLogger
>> 		Filename %L/mylogger-%Y-%m-%d
>> 		Trace 4
>> 	</Log>
>> </AuthBy>
>>

> OK tried this on 4.2 but it did not give me much at all just basic
> debug like this
>
> Tue Jun 17 16:09:10 2008: DEBUG: Handling request with Handler
> 'Client-Identifier=xxxxx'
> Tue Jun 17 16:09:10 2008: DEBUG: Rewrote user name to xxxxxxxx
> Tue Jun 17 16:09:10 2008: DEBUG: Handling with Radius::AuthSQL
> Tue Jun 17 16:09:10 2008: DEBUG: Handling accounting with
> Radius::AuthSQL
> Tue Jun 17 16:09:10 2008: DEBUG: AuthBy SQL result: ACCEPT,
> Tue Jun 17 16:09:10 2008: DEBUG: Accounting accepted
>

> no request packet dump and decode there like there is on a main
> config trace 4
>
> on 3.17.1 it does nothing at all so it looks like a new feature in 4.x

>> Next, keep in mind that the packet decode and logging of the
>> request attributes happens in the Client clause, so you will need
>> to add the logging and the PacketTrace there:

>> <Client n.n.n.n>
>> 	Log MyLogger
>> 	PacketTrace
>> </Client>
>

> PacketTrace in the Client is only giving me the reply attrs on both
> 4.2 and 3.17.1
>
> looks like I'm stuck using the main log and a script to filter what
> I'm interested in.
>

> I tried running 4.2 on freebsd 6.2 but it seems to have a massive
> memory leak thats not there in 3.17.1
> process grew to over 700meg in 12 hours where the same config on
> 3.17.1 is only 15meg after a months of uptime.
>
> Is this a known problem?
>
> Will upgrading to freebsd 7.0 help?
>

> --
> Steve Lalonde RTFM