(RADIATOR) Request Attributes using PacketTrace

Steve Lalonde steve at enta.net
Tue Jun 17 10:43:00 CDT 2008

On 16 Jun 2008, at 00:41, Hugh Irvine wrote:

> # define Log FILE so it is not a global logger
>
> <AuthBy GROUP>
> 	<Log FILE>
> 		Identifier MyLogger
> 		Filename %L/mylogger-%Y-%m-%d
> 		Trace 4
> 	</Log>
> </AuthBy>

OK tried this on 4.2 but it did not give me much at all just basic
debug like this

Tue Jun 17 16:09:10 2008: DEBUG: Handling request with Handler 'Client-
Identifier=xxxxx'
Tue Jun 17 16:09:10 2008: DEBUG: Rewrote user name to xxxxxxxx
Tue Jun 17 16:09:10 2008: DEBUG: Handling with Radius::AuthSQL
Tue Jun 17 16:09:10 2008: DEBUG: Handling accounting with
Radius::AuthSQL
Tue Jun 17 16:09:10 2008: DEBUG: AuthBy SQL result: ACCEPT,
Tue Jun 17 16:09:10 2008: DEBUG: Accounting accepted

no request packet dump and decode there like there is on a main config
trace 4

on 3.17.1 it does nothing at all so it looks like a new feature in 4.x

> Next, keep in mind that the packet decode and logging of the request
> attributes happens in the Client clause, so you will need to add the
> logging and the PacketTrace there:

> <Client n.n.n.n>
> 	Log MyLogger
> 	PacketTrace
> </Client>

PacketTrace in the Client is only giving me the reply attrs on both
4.2 and 3.17.1

looks like I'm stuck using the main log and a script to filter what
I'm interested in.

I tried running 4.2 on freebsd 6.2 but it seems to have a massive
memory leak thats not there in 3.17.1
process grew to over 700meg in 12 hours where the same config on
3.17.1 is only 15meg after a months of uptime.

Is this a known problem?

Will upgrading to freebsd 7.0 help?

--
Steve Lalonde RTFM