(RADIATOR) Request Attributes using PacketTrace

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Sun Jun 15 18:41:59 CDT 2008

Hello Steve -

There are a couple of things you can do in this situation.

First, define your Log FILE inside an AuthBy GROUP like this:

# define Log FILE so it is not a global logger

<AuthBy GROUP>
	<Log FILE>
		Identifier MyLogger
		Filename %L/mylogger-%Y-%m-%d
		Trace 4
	</Log>

Next, keep in mind that the packet decode and logging of the request
attributes happens in the Client clause, so you will need to add the
logging and the PacketTrace there:

<Client n.n.n.n>
	Log MyLogger
	PacketTrace
</Client>

hope that helps

On 15 Jun 2008, at 19:46, Steve Lalonde wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm using PacketTrace to help debug my radius config, I'm getting
> all the reply attributes but none of the request attributes. Only
> way I can see the request attributes is to run the whole config at
> trace 4 but that hurts at 15 requests a second :( the handler I'm
> working on only gets 1 request every 5 mins.
>
> So question is where do I put the PacketTrace to see the request
> attributes for just this handler?
>
> I have tried in the client section but no luck.
>

> Only thing I can think of is to proxy the request to a spare server
> but thats not really a solution when debugging a single customer
> problem.
>

> I can do it with monitor but trace 4 even with trace_username is
> logging every sql query for the entire server. I could edit
> SqlDb.pm and turn that off but then I cant see the queries for the
> debugging. I would also have to get lucky with the trace_username
> as there are 400 users on the handler I'm trying to work on.
>

> Any ideas?
>

> --
> Steve Lalonde RTFM
> Chief Technical Officer