(RADIATOR) Any modifications done in radius.cfg are not taken into account

Pascal Beauregard Pascal.Beauregard at USherbrooke.ca
Tue Feb 26 13:55:23 CST 2008

Hi Hugh,

ça va bien merci! Merci pour la réponse rapide!

Just to let you know I am using Radiator on Linux for more than 3 years now,
but we have a customer that wants Radiator on Windows and that's what I am
testing now.

Now, I have found why any modifications done on my radius.cfg file or
included files were not taken into account by radiusd. I have found that
another instance of perl.exe process was still running. I have configured
Radiator to run as a service in Windows with the procedure below. When I
start the Radiator service in the windows services GUI the service starts
and 2 process appears in the task manager: srvany.exe and perl.exe., but
when I stop the service in the Windows services GUI, the GUI tell me that
the service is stopped, but in the Task Manager, srvrany.exe has dissapeared
but the perl.exe process is still there. I have to stop the perl.exe process
manually in Task manager.

>On my Windows 2000 server I am running Radiator as a service using
>SRVANY.exe that then launches radiator.  You should be able to find
>documenation on how to set things up via SRVANY.exe via the web.

>Off the top of my head here is what I did to get it to become a service:

>1: Install the windows resource kit
>2: Copy SRVANY.exe to your c:\radiator dir
>3: Create a .cmd file in the radiator directory that will launch radiator
>for you:
>For example you might create a file called "Radnow.cmd" and it contains
>"c:\perl\bin\perl.exe c:\radiator\radiusd -config_file
>c:\radiator\configs\yourconfig.txt"
>4: do  " Instsrv radiator c:\radiator\srvany.exe"
>that creates a service called radiator on the machine
>5: Reg edit  Hkey local machine, system, current control set, services,
>radiator
>6: Under the radiator key (on the left side of the reg window) create a
>folder called "Parameters"
>7: click on Parameters, and on the right side of the regedit window you
want
>to create a new string called "Application"
>8:  Edit application and put in the command to launch radiator.  Example:
>c:\radiator\radnow.cmd
>9: Create another string on the right side called "AppDirectory"
>10: edit appdirectory and put in the path to the radiator cmd file.
>Example:  c:\radiator

>Exit the reg...  Kill any running copies of radiator.
>Go to control panel and edit the radiator service settings.
>Put a check next to "Interact with desktop"
>Launch the Radiator service.

>If the service fails to start...  make sure PERL.exe is not running some
>place in the background.  Kick up Task Manager and kill Perl.exe if it is.
>Then try restarting the service.

>If you start the service you should see the radiator window pop up.  If you
>kill the window.. the service will still think its started.. so you would
>have to stop the service manually.    What does that mean?  Well if you
>Telnet into the box and do Net start and see the radiator service is
>started.. it doesn't always mean it is.  It could be possible that someone
>killed your window on you and windows doesnt know the window is dead.

Pascal