(RADIATOR) Any modifications done in radius.cfg are not taken into account

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Wed Feb 27 01:14:53 CST 2008

Salut Pascal -

To run Radiator as a Windows service you should use the procedure
outlined in section 16.4 of the Radiator reference manual ("doc/
ref.html").

See also section 6.0 for a description of the Radiator startup
parameters:

Radiator-4.1 hugh$ perl radiusd -h

usage: radiusd [-h] [-v] [-c]
     [-auth_port port,...] [-acct_port port,...]
     [-db_dir dirname] [-log_dir dirname]
     [-bind_address dotted-ip-address]
     [-log_file filename] [-config_file filename] [-dictionary_file
file,file]
     [-foreground] [-daemon] [-log_stdout] [-trace n]
     [-pid_file filename]
     [-service] [-installservice] [-uninstallservice] [-servicename
name]
     [-serviceperlargs perlargs]
     [globalvarname=value]

cordialement

Hughes (qui a vecu longtemps en France ...)

On 27 Feb 2008, at 06:55, Pascal Beauregard wrote:

> [...]
> perl.exe., but
> when I stop the service in the Windows services GUI, the GUI tell
> me that
> the service is stopped, but in the Task Manager, srvrany.exe has
> dissapeared
> but the perl.exe process is still there. I have to stop the
> perl.exe process
> manually in Task manager.
>
>> On my Windows 2000 server I am running Radiator as a service using
>> SRVANY.exe that then launches radiator.  You should be able to find
>> documenation on how to set things up via SRVANY.exe via the web.
>
>> Off the top of my head here is what I did to get it to become a
>> service:
>
>> 1: Install the windows resource kit
>> 2: Copy SRVANY.exe to your c:\radiator dir
>> 3: Create a .cmd file in the radiator directory that will launch
>> radiator
>> for you:
>> For example you might create a file called "Radnow.cmd" and it
>> contains
>> "c:\perl\bin\perl.exe c:\radiator\radiusd -config_file
>> c:\radiator\configs\yourconfig.txt"
>> 4: do  " Instsrv radiator c:\radiator\srvany.exe"
>> that creates a service called radiator on the machine
>> 5: Reg edit  Hkey local machine, system, current control set,
>> services,
>> radiator
>> 6: Under the radiator key (on the left side of the reg window)
>> create a
>> folder called "Parameters"
>> 7: click on Parameters, and on the right side of the regedit
>> window you
> want
>> to create a new string called "Application"
>> 8:  Edit application and put in the command to launch radiator.
>> Example:
>> c:\radiator\radnow.cmd
>> 9: Create another string on the right side called "AppDirectory"
>> 10: edit appdirectory and put in the path to the radiator cmd file.
>> Example:  c:\radiator
>
>> Exit the reg...  Kill any running copies of radiator.
>> Go to control panel and edit the radiator service settings.
>> Put a check next to "Interact with desktop"
>> Launch the Radiator service.
>
>> If the service fails to start...  make sure PERL.exe is not
>> running some
>> place in the background.  Kick up Task Manager and kill Perl.exe
>> if it is.
>> Then try restarting the service.
>
>> If you start the service you should see the radiator window pop
>> up.  If you
>> kill the window.. the service will still think its started.. so
>> you would
>> have to stop the service manually.    What does that mean?  Well
>> if you
>> Telnet into the box and do Net start and see the radiator service is
>> started.. it doesn't always mean it is.  It could be possible that
>> someone
>> killed your window on you and windows doesnt know the window is dead.

NB:

radiator)?

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au