(RADIATOR) AuthBy LSA Issues still unresolved

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue Apr 8 19:34:08 CDT 2008

Hello Charles -

Here is the section of the logfile:

Tue Apr  8 14:54:19 2008: DEBUG: Handling request with Handler
'TunnelledByPEAP=1'
Tue Apr  8 14:54:19 2008: DEBUG:  Deleting session for anonymous,
10.24.70.26, 29
Tue Apr  8 14:54:19 2008: DEBUG: Handling with Radius::AuthLSA:
Tue Apr  8 14:54:19 2008: DEBUG: Handling with EAP: code 2, 12, 63, 26
Tue Apr  8 14:54:19 2008: DEBUG: Response type 26
Tue Apr  8 14:54:19 2008: DEBUG: Radius::AuthLSA looks for match with
cottrell [anonymous]
Tue Apr  8 14:54:19 2008: DEBUG: Radius::AuthLSA ACCEPT: : cottrell
[anonymous]

Tue Apr  8 14:54:19 2008: WARNING: Could not LogonUserNetworkMSCHAP
(V2): 3221225581, 0, Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

The AuthBy LSA is returning ACCEPT - but the MSCHAP-V2 part is
failing because Windows on the Radiator host could not log the user
onto the network.

If defining the user on the local machine works correctly, then there
must be some problem with the machine talking to AD, or the user does
not in fact have network logon enabled.

On 9 Apr 2008, at 05:06, Cottrell, Charles P. wrote:
> Greetings from South Carolina!  I am having a difficult time
> configuring radiator to authenticate against a Windows domain using
> the AuthBy LSA clause.  Several weeks ago Steve Caporossi posted
> about this same issue, and so far we’ve not been able to resolve
> this issue.  Help!
>

> Attached are both the log file and the radius.cfg file.  The
> configuration is very generic since we want to keep it simple for
> the time being.
>

> Some other info:
>

> Radiator is running on Windows XP and is running from a startup
> batch file.
>

> Odyssey v4.51 is the client on a Windows XP laptop.
>

> Towards the end of the log file there is a section where the EAP
> MSCHAP-V2 authentication fails due to unknown username/bad
> password, and of course access is rejected.  However, I use this
> combo daily and it is correct.
>

> Thanks in advance!
>

> Charles
>

> Charles P. Cottrell