(RADIATOR) SessionDatabase

Fred Leeflang fredl at 3dn.nl
Sat Feb 10 03:57:35 CST 2007

For UserTracking I'm currently using a SessionDatabase config block
so that Radius sessions will be logged into the database. From the
documentation:

        5.8.3 AddQuery

This SQL statement is executed whenever a new user session starts (i.e.
when an Accounting-Request Start message is received).

A lot of consumer AP's do not seem to support 802.1x accounting however,
so I'd
like to create an alternative for it. I tried:

<Handler TunnelledByTTLS=1>
    SessionDatabase SessionSQL

which obviously doesn't work.

Is there a way through which I can make Radiator fake an
Accounting-Request Start
somehow when an Authentication is Accepted?

The other challenge would be to somehow get Accounting-Request Stop
simulated
somehow. It doesn't look like Radiator sees when a supplicant is
deauthenticated
unless by an Accounting-Request Stop. Is there a way to detect that a
user has
logged off besides the acct. ?