(RADIATOR) SessionDatabase

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Sat Feb 10 04:13:50 CST 2007

Hello Fred -

You can use a PostAuthHook that runs after the corresponding AuthBy
clause(s) return an Access-Accept. The hook code can call an AuthBy
SQL clause, or it can run whatever accounting query you require.
There are numerous examples in "goodies/hooks.txt". You can use this
technique for simulating an accounting start, but I don't see what
you could do for the accounting stop (other than periodic SNMP
polling or something equally distasteful).

My preferred approach would be to acquire AP's that do sensible
accounting.

On 10 Feb 2007, at 20:57, Fred Leeflang wrote:

> For UserTracking I'm currently using a SessionDatabase config block
> so that Radius sessions will be logged into the database. From the
> documentation:
>
> 5.8.3 AddQuery This SQL statement is executed whenever a new user
> session starts (i.e. when an Accounting-Request Start message is
> received).
>
> A lot of consumer AP's do not seem to support 802.1x accounting
> however, so I'd
> like to create an alternative for it. I tried:
>
> <Handler TunnelledByTTLS=1>
>     SessionDatabase SessionSQL
>
> which obviously doesn't work.
>
> Is there a way through which I can make Radiator fake an Accounting-
> Request Start
> somehow when an Authentication is Accepted?
>
> The other challenge would be to somehow get Accounting-Request Stop
> simulated
> somehow. It doesn't look like Radiator sees when a supplicant is
> deauthenticated
> unless by an Accounting-Request Stop. Is there a way to detect that
> a user has
> logged off besides the acct. ?

NB:

radiator)?