(RADIATOR) Multiple hosts for RADSEC?

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Thu Jan 5 02:16:12 CST 2006

Hello Jan -

Here is a workaround for you.

Set up multiple instances of Radiator on your host - say three in
total (on different ports of course).

The first instance will use an AuthBy LOADBALANCE clause (or
ROUNDROBIN or VOLUMEBALANCE), or you could just use a normal AuthBy
RADIUS clause. In either case you would have the other two instances
as targets, and each of these targets would have AuthBy RADSEC
clauses pointing to wherever. In this way you achieve the failover
and so on with the AuthBy RADIUS (or LOADBALANCE ...) and the other
instances just run simple AuthBy RADSEC configurations.

I agree it would be better to have multiple Host support in AuthBy
RADSEC, but the above will work well in the meantime.

hope that helps

On 5 Jan 2006, at 18:53, Jan Tomasek wrote:

> Hello Hugh,
>
>> There is a simple NoReplyHook showing something similar in "goodies/
>> hooks.txt".
>
> Thanks, that is prety simple to get idea.
>
> But how about dead host marking? To me that looks that every radius
> request will have to wait till first AuthBy RADSEC timeouts. There
> is no
> dead host marking. Without it is backup radius usesless.
>
> Are you considering implementing multiple hosts into RADSEC? I was
> planing to replace IPSec by RADSEC but now I've to go back to IPSec :(
>
> Best regards
> --
> Jan Tomasek aka Semik
> http://www.tomasek.cz/
>

>>> do you have some example? Will that also provide some dead host
>>> marking?

NB:

radiator)?

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au