(RADIATOR) Multiple hosts for RADSEC?

Jan Tomasek jan at tomasek.cz
Fri Jan 6 03:15:15 CST 2006

Hi Hugh,

> Set up multiple instances of Radiator on your host - say three in  total
> (on different ports of course).
>
> The first instance will use an AuthBy LOADBALANCE clause (or  ROUNDROBIN
> or VOLUMEBALANCE), or you could just use a normal AuthBy  RADIUS clause.
> In either case you would have the other two instances  as targets, and
> each of these targets would have AuthBy RADSEC  clauses pointing to
> wherever. In this way you achieve the failover  and so on with the
> AuthBy RADIUS (or LOADBALANCE ...) and the other  instances just run
> simple AuthBy RADSEC configurations.

thanks for sugestion, but that is very very complicated. I've four
hosts. Two of them are NREN level radiuses for eduroam and other two are
institution level (CESNET). With your way I will have to mantain 4*3 =
12 instances of Radiator. That is prety much, debuging this mess might
nightmare. Not speaking that we have bought license only for 7servers.

> I agree it would be better to have multiple Host support in AuthBy
> RADSEC, but the above will work well in the meantime.

You are speaking by meantime, does that mean that you are planing
implement muliple hosts in RADSEC? When you are planing to release it?

In that meantime I will try to stabilizate my IPSec solution running
mostly on racoon or switch to other solution. Only few institutions here
have Radiator so I will need this anyway.

Best regards
Jan Tomasek aka Semik           work: CESNET, z.s.p.o.
http://www.tomasek.cz/                Zikova 4, 160 00 Praha 6
                                      Czech Republic
phone(work): +420 2 2435 5279         http://www.cesnet.cz/