(RADIATOR) (Radiator) email only group or auth hook

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Fri Sep 2 18:15:51 CDT 2005

Hello Chris -

I don't really have enough information to be able to suggest the
right solution.

There are two Realms in your configuration file, but they appear to
be doing almost the same thing?

To do what you describe I generally suggest using Handlers instead of
Realms to determine where the requests are coming from and then doing
the corresponding checks in the AuthBy clause.

Something like this:

# define Client clauses with Identifiers (this can also be done in
ClientListSQL)

<Client 1.1.1.1>
         Identifier Dialup
</Client>

<Client 2.2.2.2>
         Identifier Dialup
</Client>

<Client 3.3.3.3>
         Identifier Dialup
</Client>

<Client m.m.m.m>
         Identifier Mailserver
</Client>

<Client n.n.n.n>
         Identifier Mailserver
</Client>

# define Handlers instead of Realms

<Handler Client-Identifier = Dialup>
</Handler>

<Handler Client-Identifier = Mailserver>
</Handler>

# define default Handler if required to catch everything else

<Handler>
</Handler>

If you have any further questions please ask.

On 3 Sep 2005, at 01:37, Chris Odle wrote:

> I have been reading what I could find about hooks and setting up a
> group
> for the auth. But I am no sure which i need or how to implement that
> into our current config. I am needing to make it so that there are
> email
> only accounts and dial up accounts. As it is now all the accounts are
> able to dial up. I am not exactly sure what I need to do on the radius
> side to get this functioning. I am very new to radiator any help is
> greatly appricated. I am attaching currnet config with this in case
> anyone needs it. Thank you in advanced.
>
> Chris
>
> <radius.cfg>

NB: