(RADIATOR) best method for Radiator and Open Directory?

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue Oct 11 23:50:43 CDT 2005

Hello Nigel -

Yes your configuration is correct.

Your only option with encrypted passwords in your user database is
TTLS-PAP.

BTW - would you be agreeable to sending me a copy of your
configuration file (no details) so I can add it to the examples in
the "goodies" directory?

We quite often get requests from people wanting to set up Radiator in
this  environment.

thanks and regards

Hugh

On 11 Oct 2005, at 23:56, Nigel Kersten wrote:

> Hi there.
>
> I'm currently evaluating Radiator, and just wanted to make sure
> that I've got things working in the best possible manner.
>
> I've got Radiator working with my Airport Extreme base stations,
> and authenticating against Open Directory, which is Apple's
> directory service, and it essentially consists of OpenLDAP, SASL
> and Kerberos.
>
> I'm currently working using EAP/TTLS with PAP as the inner
> authentication.
>
> Is this my best option considering that I wish to authenticate
> against an LDAP directory that doesn't contain the actual password?
>

> --
> Nigel Kersten [Senior Technical Officer]
> College of Fine Arts, University of NSW, Australia.
> CRICOS Provider Code: 00098G

NB:

radiator)?

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au