(RADIATOR) Three small(?) feature requests

Mike McCauley mikem at open.com.au
Wed Nov 23 19:19:47 CST 2005

Hello Jethro,

On Thursday 24 November 2005 10:34, Jethro R Binks wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1/ Debugging output might look like:
>
> Thu Nov 24 00:19:36 2005: DEBUG: Handling with Radius::AuthGROUP
> Thu Nov 24 00:19:36 2005: DEBUG: Handling with Radius::AuthLDAP2: fragADS1
>
> Can debugging output for the AuthGROUP debug also print the Identifier set
> for the group, as it does for the AuthLDAP2 one above?

Added, now in the latest patch set.

> 2/ Is it possibly to have interpolation of the % variables in AuthBy
>    calls, eg:
>
>     AuthBy         fragAuthLDAP.%h
>
> which would then reference a previously-created AuthBy with a name
> including the hostname the instance is running on.
>
> I need this for a simplistic load balancing feature (I'm working around it
> by using "Include %D/%h.authby" instead, which contains host-specific
> lines).

See below

> 3/ In the interpolation of %h, on Solaris machines this comes out as just
> the plain hostname, on FreeBSD machines it is the FQDN.  Is it possible to
> fix it either one way or the other consistently, or preferably have both
> variations available where it is possible to determine both for a
> particular OS?  (unfortunately %H is already bagged ...)

Thats quite difficult: we are at the mercy of Sys::Hostname there, and Im not
convinced there is a better more complete way, that is universallly
available :-(
See man Sys::Hostname for more details on how the hostname is determined: you
may be able to change the config of your host to get a better answer.

In the light of that, do you still wish for item 2 above?

Cheers.

Mike McCauley                               mikem at open.com.au

TTLS, PEAP etc on Unix, Windows, MacOS, NetWare etc.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au