(RADIATOR) Three small(?) feature requests

Jethro R Binks jethro.binks at strath.ac.uk
Wed Nov 23 18:34:46 CST 2005

Hi,

1/ Debugging output might look like:

Thu Nov 24 00:19:36 2005: DEBUG: Handling with Radius::AuthGROUP
Thu Nov 24 00:19:36 2005: DEBUG: Handling with Radius::AuthLDAP2: fragADS1

Can debugging output for the AuthGROUP debug also print the Identifier set
for the group, as it does for the AuthLDAP2 one above?

2/ Is it possibly to have interpolation of the % variables in AuthBy
   calls, eg:

    AuthBy         fragAuthLDAP.%h

which would then reference a previously-created AuthBy with a name
including the hostname the instance is running on.

I need this for a simplistic load balancing feature (I'm working around it
by using "Include %D/%h.authby" instead, which contains host-specific
lines).

3/ In the interpolation of %h, on Solaris machines this comes out as just
the plain hostname, on FreeBSD machines it is the FQDN.  Is it possible to
fix it either one way or the other consistently, or preferably have both
variations available where it is possible to determine both for a
particular OS?  (unfortunately %H is already bagged ...)

I'm running 3.13 with patches circa August currently, so apologies if
these features are included in a later patch set.

Ta,

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks
Computing Officer, IT Services