(RADIATOR) LDAP on Radiator 3.5 (W2k)

Martijn Balink bnk at hesasd.nl
Tue Mar 29 07:17:28 CST 2005

Hi All,

I want to enable LDAP authorization . The Radiator machine runs Radiator
3.5 on a W2k box, and I want Radiator to connect to an LDAP server
running on Windows 2003.
When I changed the config, and restarted the radiator service, the log
started to produce errors as listed below.

----
Tue Mar 29 14:50:07 2005: ERR: Could not load AuthBy module
Radius::AuthLDAP2: Can't locate Net/LDAP.pm in @INC (@INC contains: .
d:/Perl/lib d:/Perl/site/lib .) at d:/Perl/site/lib/Radius/AuthLDAP2.pm
line 14, <FILE> line 176.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
d:/Perl/site/lib/Radius/AuthLDAP2.pm line 14, <FILE> line 176.
Compilation failed in require at (eval 28) line 3, <FILE> line 176.---
---

I have searched in the AuthLdap2.pm file, but cannot find any link to
the file mentioned. So to solve this error, I have copied the
AuthbyLDAP.pm to d:\perl\lib\net\ldap.pm. This action changed the errors
to the following:

----
Tue Mar 29 15:00:01 2005: ERR: Could not load AuthBy module
Radius::AuthLDAP2: Can't locate Net/LDAPapi.pm in @INC (@INC contains: .
d:/Perl/lib d:/Perl/site/lib .) at d:/Perl/site/lib/Net/LDAP.pm line 12,
<FILE> line 176.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at d:/Perl/site/lib/Net/LDAP.pm line
12, <FILE> line 176.
Compilation failed in require at d:/Perl/site/lib/Radius/AuthLDAP2.pm
line 14, <FILE> line 176.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
d:/Perl/site/lib/Radius/AuthLDAP2.pm line 14, <FILE> line 176.
Compilation failed in require at (eval 28) line 3, <FILE> line 176.
---

I don't wan't to end up with a server with several copies of each files
here and there, so I'm asking for help now.
To complete things, this is the fragment of the config file that uses
the LDAP auth.

---
<Handler Realm=test.hesasd.nl>
	# Remove the Realm
	RewriteUsername	s/^([^@]+).*/$1/
	# This one translates all uppercase chars to lowercase
	RewriteUsername	tr/[A-Z]/[a-z]/

	<AuthBy LDAP2>
		# Connect to DC01.HESASD.NL
		Host DC01.hesasd.nl