(RADIATOR) Problem with Radiator 3.5

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Sun Mar 27 11:06:13 CST 2005

Hello Tim -

The only thing that I can think of that would cause this sort of
problem is firewall and/or filter settings that were configured for the
old IP addresses and not the new IP addresses. You should first of all
check the normal connectivity between the machines with ping, then
check telnet or ftp, then check SQL connectivity, then check DBI
connectivity with DBI-Shell.

If you are still having problems please include a copy of the
configuration file and a more complete trace 4 debug showing what is
happening.

> Hugh,
>
> Ok well I was having so many problems getting the new server to work
> that I just moved the old server to our new colocation center and
> reset the IP address for it. Well wouldn't you know it that doing that
> made it have problems too. I reset the IP for the MS-SQL 7.0 server
> since that server moved too. So I edited the /etc/freetds.conf to
> reflect the new IP address of the SQL server. I am getting an error
> message about "login incorrect".
>
> Sat Mar 26 08:35:28 2005: DEBUG: Handling request with Handler
> 'Realm=igateway.net'
> Sat Mar 26 08:35:28 2005: DEBUG: Rewrote user name to testikano
> Sat Mar 26 08:35:28 2005: DEBUG: online-sessions Deleting session for
> testikano at igateway.net, 203.63.154.1, 1234
> Sat Mar 26 08:35:28 2005: DEBUG: Handling with Radius::AuthRODOPI
> Sat Mar 26 08:35:28 2005: DEBUG: Handling with Radius::AuthRODOPI: ID_1
> Sat Mar 26 08:38:37 2005: ERR: Could not connect to SQL database with
> DBI->connect dbi:Sybase:rodopi, linux, Synners: timeout at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Radius/Util.pm line 519.
> Server message number=10018 severity=9 state=0 line=0
> server=OpenClienttext=The connection was closedServer message
> number=20014  severity=9 state=0 line=0 server=OpenClienttext=Login
> incorrect.
> Sat Mar 26 08:38:37 2005: ERR: Could not connect to any SQL database.
> Request is ignored. Backing off for 600 seconds
>
> I have reset the password for the radius server in MS-SQL 7.0 just to
> make sure that some how that wasn't the issue. But still no dice. Any
> suggestions as to how I can fix this new problem? Where should I be
> looking and curiously enough why would resetting a few IPs suddenly
> cause things to not work? Any ideas or suggestions?
>
> Tim Jung
> System Admin
> Internet Gateway Inc.
> tjung at igateway.net

NB: I am travelling this week, so there may be delays in our
correspondence.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au