(RADIATOR) Analog + ISDN Specific Differentiation

Mark Tinka aknit444 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 1 04:47:26 CST 2005

hi all..

i think that has probably been discussed before on
this list, but being new, i'll throw it in while i
search the archives...

all my RADIUS users have been limited to Port-Limit =
1 except for ISDN customers that require 128Kbps
service (using Port-Limit = 2)...

it then occured to me that any (bright) analog user
could have the telco upgrade their analog line to
ISDN-BRI without letting the ISP know about it, and
use their analog dial-up subscription to connect to
our ISDN service.. even though they'll only connect at
64Kbps, it'll still be significantly high...

i know of an attribute in RADIUS called NAS-Port-Type,
but is there a way in the 'users' and RADIUS
configuration file to specifically lock down analog
users to analog only connections, and ISDN to both
analog and ISDN connections..?..

all help appreciated..

Mark.

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250