(RADIATOR) Authenticating MAC Addresses

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue Mar 1 04:09:44 CST 2005

Hello Steve -

You will first of all need to configure the access point(s) to do MAC
address authentication via RADIUS, then have a look at a trace 4 debug
from Radiator to verify exactly what is contained in the radius
requests you receive. Once you have a clear idea of what is being
received, then we can come up with a solution.

Unfortunately all access points are different and there is no "one size
fits all".

If you set up a simple configuration file based on
"goodies/eap_md5.cfg" you can then see the trace 4 debug from there.

Would anyone else on the list care to add their experiences?

On 1 Mar 2005, at 10:13, Steve Cocker wrote:

> I am trialing Radiator to see if it can be used to authenticate MAC
> addresses
> as we have started using a wireless network, unfortunately I am new to
> Radius
> servers and do not know how to configure Radiator. To secure our
> network
> I want to allow access only to those laptops / PDAs that are listed by
> MAC
> address. Can somebody give me clear instructions on how to set up
> Radiator
> so that it authenticates MAC addresses.
>

> Steve
>

> Steve Cocker (Network Manager)
> Hewett School,
> Cecil Road,
> Norwich NR1 2PL
> Tel: 01603 463226
> FAX: 01603 764129

NB: I am travelling this week, so there may be delays in our
correspondence.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au