(RADIATOR) Analog + ISDN Specific Differentiation

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue Mar 1 04:55:08 CST 2005

Hello Mark -

For your analog users do something like this in the users file:

# check both Password and NAS-Port-Type

fredbloggs  Password=whatever, NAS-Port-Type = Async

There are other variations but you should get the idea.

hope that helps

On 1 Mar 2005, at 11:47, Mark Tinka wrote:

> hi all..
>
> i think that has probably been discussed before on
> this list, but being new, i'll throw it in while i
> search the archives...
>
> all my RADIUS users have been limited to Port-Limit =
> 1 except for ISDN customers that require 128Kbps
> service (using Port-Limit = 2)...
>
> it then occured to me that any (bright) analog user
> could have the telco upgrade their analog line to
> ISDN-BRI without letting the ISP know about it, and
> use their analog dial-up subscription to connect to
> our ISDN service.. even though they'll only connect at
> 64Kbps, it'll still be significantly high...
>
> i know of an attribute in RADIUS called NAS-Port-Type,
> but is there a way in the 'users' and RADIUS
> configuration file to specifically lock down analog
> users to analog only connections, and ISDN to both
> analog and ISDN connections..?..
>
> all help appreciated..
>
> Mark.

NB: I am travelling this week, so there may be delays in our
correspondence.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au