(RADIATOR) Radiator crashes without trace

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Wed Jul 20 17:02:19 CDT 2005

Hello Martin -

The usual cause for this sort of thing is one or more missing Perl
modules.

The simplest way to find out what is happening - Ie. the Perl error
messages when the crash occurs is to use the restartWrapper utility
included in the Radiator distribution in the goodies directory.
Otherwise you can run radiusd from the command line like this:

     cd /your/Radiator/distribution

     perl radiusd -foreground -log_stdout -trace 4 -config_file /your/
config/file

This way you will see the Perl error messages when the crash occurs.

On 20 Jul 2005, at 23:45, Martin Wallner wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I'm currently struggling with random breakdowns of radiusd. I'm
> running it on two DL360's, who have absolutely the same setup in
> Hardware and Software (WhiteBox Linux 3, Perl 5.8.0 + all perl
> modules).
>
> Accounting is done by SQL (PostGres 8.x), the SQL server is on a
> 3rd machine, Authenticating is done by SQL and, for some handlers,
> LDAP2.
>
> Only the radiusd stops randomly, about 3 to 5 times a week, without
> any traces in the Logfiles (lvl 3), the rest of the functions on
> the Machines are running perfectly fine. There is always the way to
> run it via the wrapper from the goodies, but I have another
> installation where the server is running flawlessly for more than
> three years now, without ONE breakdown ....
>
> Any Ideas?
>
> regards
> Martin Wallner (=mw=)
>
> -----
> Eunet Telekom GmbH            e-mail 'martin.wallner at eunet.co.at
> vorm. Nextra Österreich            e-mail
> 'martin.wallner at nextranet.at'
> vorm. ViP EDV-Dienstleistungs GesmbH    e-mail 'hostmaster at vip.at'
> vorm. Gramtel Austria GmbH.        e-mail 'hostmaster at gramtel.at'
> Systems                    RIPE:     WM355-RIPE
> Nussdorfer Lände 23            NicAT:    WM503823-NICAT
> 1190 Wien, Vienna, Austria        Tel. +43 (0) 59 1 59 - 1354

NB:

radiator)?

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au