(RADIATOR) Radiator crashes without trace

Martin Wallner Martin.Wallner at eunet.co.at
Wed Jul 20 08:45:42 CDT 2005

Hello All,

I'm currently struggling with random breakdowns of radiusd. I'm running it on two DL360's, who have absolutely the same setup in Hardware and Software (WhiteBox Linux 3, Perl 5.8.0 + all perl modules).

Accounting is done by SQL (PostGres 8.x), the SQL server is on a 3rd machine, Authenticating is done by SQL and, for some handlers, LDAP2.

Only the radiusd stops randomly, about 3 to 5 times a week, without any traces in the Logfiles (lvl 3), the rest of the functions on the Machines are running perfectly fine. There is always the way to run it via the wrapper from the goodies, but I have another installation where the server is running flawlessly for more than three years now, without ONE breakdown ....

Any Ideas?

regards
Martin Wallner (=mw=)

-----
Eunet Telekom GmbH			e-mail 'martin.wallner at eunet.co.at
vorm. Nextra Österreich			e-mail 'martin.wallner at nextranet.at'
vorm. ViP EDV-Dienstleistungs GesmbH	e-mail 'hostmaster at vip.at'
vorm. Gramtel Austria GmbH.		e-mail 'hostmaster at gramtel.at'
Systems					RIPE:     WM355-RIPE
Nussdorfer Lände 23			NicAT:    WM503823-NICAT
1190 Wien, Vienna, Austria		Tel. +43 (0) 59 1 59 - 1354

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au