(RADIATOR) Lawful Interception

Dave Kitabjian dave at netcarrier.com
Fri Jan 7 09:49:09 CST 2005

Very interesting.

I read the info on LI at your website. Can you provide some more
background, such as:

- is this comparable to CALEA in the voice world which enables
eavesdropping by authorities?

- Radiator, of course, cannot provide the eavesdropping capability; only
the NAS can. But Radiator can provide the authentication to the NAS to
allow the eavesdropping. How is this implemented? Is it a RADIUS
Access-Request packet by a special username which is authorized with a
special Reply Item that tells the NAS to replicate all traffic to a
specific socket to a 3rd party socket? Or is there a special RADIUS
packet type to initiate this remotely?

Dave

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au