(RADIATOR) LNS failover / load balancing

PREVOSTO, Laurent laurent.prevosto at neuf.com
Wed Apr 27 04:47:05 CDT 2005

I don't really get it :

As I understand things, the LAC should be responsible for LNS failover, not the radius.
Ideally, the radius just sends its conf to the LAC, for instance something like Tunnel-Server-Endpoint = "x.x.x.x, y.y.y.y" so you have Y as a backup of X (if this is the kind of conf your LAC can handle).

Of course you can use some hook that would test LNS availability before sending back the reply to the LAC but if you have too many of such things you may end up with a real bloated radius which is probably something you would like to avoid.

Regards

Laurent

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au