(RADIATOR) LNS failover / load balancing

Jerome Fleury jeje at jeje.org
Thu Apr 28 15:32:02 CDT 2005

This is mostly a load balancing issue rather than a failover one. Say you
have for example a LNS that can handle 3 times more sessions than an other
one, you need your radius to know that and load-balance the sessions
accordingly.

An other point is that I have no clue how the LAC handles such a request:

Tunnel-Server-Endpoint = "x.x.x.x, y.y.y.y"

how does it decide that an LNS is not available ? on which criteria ? (what
are the timers, etc.) I prefer handling my own criteria, which I know are
good according to my network.

--On mercredi 27 avril 2005 11:47 +0200 "PREVOSTO, Laurent"

jeje.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au