(RADIATOR) One client clause for whole subnet??

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue Apr 12 16:45:25 CDT 2005

Hello Jon, Hello All -

There is currently no way to wildcard Client clauses other than the
<Client DEFAULT> which matches everything.

We have recently added the loading of Client clauses from both SQL and
LDAP with a configurable RefreshPeriod to automatically reload the
list(s) instead of having to restart the server. We are still
considering wildcards, but no decision yet.

On 13 Apr 2005, at 01:13, Jon Lewis wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Apr 2005, Jethro R Binks wrote:
>
>> For what it is worth, I have the same requirement too.  I wasn't able
>> find a facility in the documentation to allow any sort of wildcarding
>> on
>> the Client IP address parameter.  Nearest I could get was:
>>
>> <Client 10.4.0.1>
>>         Identifier              SomeClient
>>         Secret                  secret
>>         IdenticalClients        10.4.0.2
>> </Client>
>
> It'd be really nice if radiator would (does?) support either CIDR or
> ranges such that you could do things like:
>
> <Client 10.4.0.1>
>          IdenticalClients        10.4.0.0/24
>
> or
> <Client 10.4.0.0/24>
> or
> <Client 10.4.0.1>
> 	IdenticalClients         10.4.0.2-60
>
> Lines such as
> 	IdenticalClients	10.4.0.2 10.4.0.3 10.4.0.4 \
> 		10.4.0.5 10.4.0.6 ...
>
> are kind of ugly and bloat the config if you have alot of identical
> clients.

>  Jon Lewis                   |  I route
>  Senior Network Engineer     |  therefore you are
>  Atlantic Net                |

NB:

Have you searched the mailing list archive
(www.open.com.au/archives/radiator)?

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au