(RADIATOR) duplicating accounting requests

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue May 4 17:28:06 CDT 2004

Hello Jesse -

Yes it is very easy to do what you describe with Radiator.

The exact details will depend on what else you are doing in your
configuration file, but you will need to use an AuthBy RADIUS clause to
proxy the accounting requests to the billing server.

Something like this would work:

<Realm ....>
	AuthByPolicy ContinueAlways
	# proxy to billing server
	<AuthBy RADIUS>
		Host ....
		Secret ....
		AcctPort ....
		IgnoreAuthentication
		IgnoreAccountingResponse
	</AuthBy>
	# your normal AuthBy
	<AuthBy ....>
</Realm>

This topic has been discussed previously on the mailing list:

	www.open.com.au/archives/radiator

BTW - the most recent version is Radiator 3.9 (plus some patches).

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au